Benefits of Hot Yoga
- Flexibility: The heat will allow you to safely reach new levels of personal flexibility in beginner’s postures, which is therapeutic for your body.
- Strength: Helps to strengthen and tone muscles with a prime focus on spinal strength, which increases overall endurance and is key to a long healthy life!
- Breath: BREATHE, BREATHE & BREATHE! With the added element of the heat, you won’t make it far if you do not adapt to the right technique of breathing. Make sure you breathe deeply! If there is no breathing, there is no yoga. It won’t take long before you learn to breathe in a full and controlled manner.
- Cardio: Your heart rate will work the same way when practicing yoga postures in a heated room as compared to running a mile.
- Detox: The heated environment helps you to stretch and sweat more.The postures by themselves are detoxifying for your muscles, organs, and glands.
- Focus: The breathing and meditative exercise aim at calming the mind and body and keeping distracting thoughts away while you focus on your body, posture and breath.
- Healing: The primary purpose of this yoga is therapy. With a regular practice, these postures can help to heal old injuries and also prevent them in the future. This is especially true for, but not limited to, back pain. Don’t skip the postures that are slightly uncomfortable. Hot Yoga is known to reduce various symptoms and illnesses including diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, depression, arthritis and obesity
Because of its intensity and potential to cause heat-related illness, hot yoga isn’t for everyone. Be sure you check with your doctor before trying hot yoga if you have any health concerns